Design artifacts available for download.
Each bullet item below is a clickable artifact. Artifacts are stored on Google Drive as view only, so you will need to download or copy them before editing. In many cases, these artifacts will be completed in the order they're listed below. However, this is not always true. Because the process is agile, design teams will frequently "go backward" in the process to refine artifacts when we discover new insights that change our thinking. Finally, these artifacts are part of a process and not intended to be used by themselves.
Student-centered design artifacts.
- A template for articulating "beliefs about learning" and "instructional practices".
- A template for an empathy map to be used during student interviews.
- A template for an analog analysis to be used during school visits.
- A template for a student persona based in opportunity structures.
- A template for discovering themes among empathy maps, analog analysis, and student personas.
- A template for identifying insights and issues based in themes and connections.
- A template for conducting an issue tree analysis.
- A template for drafting "how might we" statements.
- A template for developing a storyboard to visualize a solution to a specific HMW statement.
- A template for a learning experience strategy.
- A template for a sprint plan.